Friday, April 20, 2007

Coming Soon!

Here is an update as to the progress of baby #2! Tuesday we had our final ultrasound to make sure everything is ok and that the baby is in the head down position. Well everything looked great, he's in the right position, still a boy, and he already weighs 6lbs 6 oz with three weeks to go.
Then on Wednesday we went to see Dr. Kim for my weekly check-up. Babies heart rate is good, I only gained 2 lbs, and my cervix is already opened. Since I had Ty two weeks early and he weighed 6lbs 12 1/2 oz, and the fact that my cervix is opened, Dr Kim believes that I will go within the next week or two!
Yesterday, which was Thursday I started having contractions in the afternoon. Nothing regular, but contractions none the less. Plus I had a chiro appt today which sent me into labor with Tyler. Then my mom, my cousin Kara and my husband all noticed that my stomach had dropped. I thought this is it. I will be in the hospital tonight. But no cigar!
My husband really doesn't want me to have the baby today though on April 20th. First with the whole "smoking up" conotations and then today is also the 8th year anniversary of the Columbine shootings. Not the best day for a birthday I guess.
The rest of the weekend is supposed to be beautiful, in the 70's so I will probably go and be stuck in the hospital all weekend! That's ok. I don't mind, I am ready to go! Wish me luck!

No comments: