Friday, November 9, 2007

No Pain No Gain?

Like I've said before I have been trying to get back in shape after having Bryce in May. Well the last two weeks I have been trying to step it up. I have been following my Weight Watchers Points and started doing my eliptical machine 3 or 4 days a week and weight training and abs 2 times a week.

Well in those past two weeks I have lost 0lbs. Not to mention that my whole body hurts. Not that good pain that you know you had a great workout and you can alomost feel the results, but aching of all my joints. Eliptical machines are supposed to be low impact, but my hips, knees and ancles hurt sooooo bad.

This past Wednesday I finally gave in and went to my chiropractor for an adjustment and some advice. Dr. David asked what I had been doing and what I have been eating. And well it turns out that I have been eating too many grains. While I have been staying within my points at weight watchers, I still had been eating whole grain cereal for breakfast, a sandwich on whole wheat bread for lunch and a side of either whole wheat pasta for dinner or brown rice. Apparently grains contain omega-6 whichcause inflammation. So since I have been working out so hard and eating all these grains my body has been in major pain. Now I have to increase the amount of omega-3 I take everyday and cut back on the grains which means no bread, pasta or rice. I am however going to keep my cereal I eat everyday because I don't like anything else for breakfast. I am not cutting our carbs completely, no atkins diet for me. But the Dr. said it will reduce my pain and get me over this plateau.

I will let you know how it goes. Wednesday is weigh in day at Weight Watchers.

No comments: