Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Welcome Bryce Thomas Casey!

Well, he's here! Sorry it took me so long to share the good news. Friday I went to the hospital for a non-stress test. I was on the monitor for about an hour, when the dr. decided that he was going to induce labor. Due to a lack of nurses I wasn't induced until 12:30 PM. Everything went well and went very quickly. Too quickly for an epidural. If you know me at all I am a huge baby when it comes to pain. I see no reason to suffer if you can have an epidural. I had told them all day that I wanted an epidural, but when it came time I dialated too fast. The contractions where storng and very close together and I was terrified. At about 3:20 the Dr. came in and checked me and I was fully dialated and ready to go. I started pushing at 3:27PM and at 3:32PM we had a healthy baby boy! Yes it only took 5 minutes to push him out! Bryce weighed 7lbs 12 oz and was 20 inches long.
We are both doing great. I feel much better this time than when I had Ty. Second time was so much easier and I attribute that to doing it natural.
Tyler also loves his new brother, but he is starting to get jelous. He's been acting out, doing things he would have never done. Jim and I have been trying to pay as much attention to him as possible and doing things that we know he will really enjoy such as playing outside, taking walks, and I even took him to see the horses the other night. His big cousin Karisa took him on the horse with her, which he loved! He's our little daredevil. I know it will take him sometime to adjust to the baby and not being the center of our world. But it kills me to see him so hurt. He will love having a little brother to play with in a year or two,which I will love too.
It may take me longer between posts, but I will try and post as often as possible!
So far Bryce loves to sleep so we are getting a good night sleep, but I don't want to jinx myself!

2 comments:

tawni said...

I love the name! Congrats! Im glad everything went super fast also. Your labor sounds exactly like mine.

Alison Treat said...

Hi Jen,
I found your blog! Too bad you don't have as much time for blogging now.
Alison