Friday, May 4, 2007

Is today the day?

Today might be the day! I went to the dr's on Wed and everything was good. I was already 2 cen. dialated, he is 7 1/2 lbs, and in head down position. Dr Kim did a non-stress test and he was concerned that the baby wasn't moving a lot so he scheduled another appt for Thursday. Again on Thursday I had a non-stress test and he was even less active than on Wed. I was sure it would be different because Kim and I had gone for lunch at a mexican restaurant, shopping and then to Starbucks. Well, he wasn't and Dr Kim still seemed concerned. He scheduled another non-stress test at the hospital this morning. I need to be there between 7 and 7:30, my test is at 8 and if baby still is not active then he will be inducing labor. I am scared and excited all at the same time. I am worried about Ty. I feel like it is so cruel giving him a new sibling. So many people have more than 1 child, and I want him to grow up with brothers and sisters, but I can't help feeling like he is going to get pushed aside and be very hurt. Did any of you other mom's feel this way when going on baby number 2? I am sure these feelings are normal.?

I think Tyler knows something is going to change. He has been very clingy lately. He wants to be held and carried everywhere. He snuggles much more, rocking in the chair with me while he drinks his juice or watching cartoons sometimes for way too long. But you see he was never a cuddler, and I really enjoy snuggling with him. And this morning we got a wake up call from him at 5:30! He never gets up this early.

1 comment:

tawni said...

Im guessing you had your little one?? Let us know how everything went. I hope you are all doing well.