Saturday, March 31, 2007

Pregnancy: The 2nd time around

When I was pregnant with our first son Tyler it seemed so much easier. I had a fairly easy time, no morning sickness, heartburn at the end, and my delivery was a cinch. Afterwards was another story.

This time I had awful morning sickness for about the first 14 or 15 weeks. I felt like it would last forever. It wasn’t just in the morning either; I was nauseous from morning until I went to bed. I was so nauseous that I could barely eat and even lost 9 lbs.

Heartburn this time has been a killer. From day 1, I have had this awful burning sensation in the back of my throat. Everything gives me heartburn! I have to take Zantac twice a day, which most of the time helps. I could also take Tums, but they make me want to yack. Sleeping at night is difficult, three pillows makes the burn bearable.

The second pregnancy you also begin to show much earlier. At 6 months I feel like I did when I was 8 months the first time. Very uncomfortable! I toss and turn at night, from side to side, trying to find a comfortable position.

Baby #2 also seems to be much more active than Tyler was too. This is scary since I have a very active toddler. We are in trouble!

No comments: